Lime Fish Tacos
This recipe is very yummy! As an added bonus the tacos are ridiculously healthy and easy to make. Each serving yields about 40 grams of protein!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless tilapia or cod fillets
- Few splashes of extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 lime, 1 zested and juiced (use the other for serving and to marinate the fish)
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Dried Mexican oregano
- 1/2 small head of red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 450 with the rack at the highest position. Pat fish dry and season both sides with salt, pepper and oregano. Squirt lime juice on the fish.
- Cook fish until it is browned on top and flesh is opaque throughout. About 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the Greek Yogurt, lime zest and juice. Add a few dashes of Tabasco. Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm tortillas by wrapping in parchment lined aluminum foil and placing under the broiler once the fish is done, 5 minutes.
- Divide fish evenly among the tortillas and top with cabbage, cilantro. Serve with the yogurt sauce and lime wedges.