Mediterranean Couscous, Meatballs and Veggies
This could be the easiest meal yet. Not only that, but it is wonderfully delicious and healthy. There is very little preparation and cooking time and it’s unique and flavorful!
- 1 cup of couscous, organic whole grain!
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled sliced thin
- 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Feta, a couple spoonfuls
- Spinach, a handful
- Parsley or the herb of your choice, chopped
- 6-7 meatballs, Chicken and turkey are lowest in fat and Central Market has both!
- Take a look at the meat counter at your grocery store and see what looks the freshest. No need to make these yourselves when places like Central Market do such a fantastic job!
- Splash of olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- Heat oil over med-high heat in a pan. Cook meatballs. Turn to cook evenly. About 8 minutes.
- Cook couscous per package instructions. Use chicken stock or broth instead of water to add extra flavor.
- As the couscous is finishing, add in the chopped parsley, feta, salt, pepper, tomatoes. Stir to combine. Place lid on top.
- Place a bed of spinach in the bottom of two serving bowls. Add the couscous mixture to the bowls. Top with meatballs and sliced cucumbers. Add a little pepper and extra parsley if you choose.
Couscous cooks in just minutes and it is wonderful! Try and purchase organic whole grain. You can make this meal very easily on a week night after work and your family will be very pleased!