Nutella and Peanut Butter Bars!
These bars are amazing! My good friend Mary Beth is the one that taught me how to make these. Thanks MB!
As always, I make desserts as healthy as I can without destroying the integrity of the actual dessert. So yes, there is butter!
Makes about 16 bars
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 12 sheets of All Natural Organic graham crackers (one package), crumbled in a food processor
- 2 cups of Stevia (You can use sugar if you want.)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Organic Peanut Butter, Central Market has a good one.
- 1 1/2 Cups Semisweet chocolate chips, I love Ghirardelli!
- 1 Cup Nutella, divided into 1/4 cup and 3/4 cup
- Mix together butter, graham cracker crumbs, Stevia, vanilla an peanut butter until well blended. Pour the mixture into a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper in the bottom of pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a bowl, over simmering water, melt the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup Nutella, simmering until smooth. Spread over the prepared crust and refrigerate for another hour until firm.
- Spread the additional 3/4 cup of Nutella over the chocolate layer and refrigerate again. When the bars are firm cut into squares.